Sunday 5 March 2017

Caveat emptor

I was comparing prices on My Supermarket when I came across this.


The one on the left is what I get.  It's perfectly OK for what I want and, at just over 8p per 100g, a frugal way of upping my fruit and veg.  Not long ago it used to be 25p a tin and, indeed, the tins I have in my cupboard still have 25p written on them but that's the current state of play, isn't it?
It's delicious in porridge or with my natural yogurt.

Now look at the one on the right.
£1.97 per 100g.  Obviously one portion.  Nearly £2.00  I had to look twice to check I was seeing things properly.

And, given that it nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw the price, it's a right cheek to put a change4life sticker on it!  It's not food smart at all.

Caveat emptor.  Let the buyer beware.  How true!




No comments:

Post a Comment