Sunday 2 July 2017

Recipe: chicken and pasta

I used:
a bit of butter because the bacon was very lean
some bacon pieces (cooking bacon)
some chopped chicken (about half a boneless breast, I think and I didn't buy it chopped, heaven forbid: I bought the chicken, chopped it and froze it in portions)
a little bit of courgette, sliced and each slice halved
the tomato sauce from yesterday (thick passata, omiom, orange pepper, mushroom, seasonings, garlic granules and dried herbs)
pasta

What I did:
I fried the bacon and chicken bits in the butter until almost cooked.
I added the courgettes and fried until the were just changing colour by which time the meat was cooked.
Then I tipped in the sauce from yesterday and let it simmer for a few minutes.

I did all that in the morning, let it cool and stored it in the fridge to let the flavours develop.

At dinner time I cooked the pasta.
I reheated the chicken and sauce in the microwave.
I added the sauce to the pasta and mixed it together well before serving it piping hot.

And it was delicious!

Not Great British Menu but scrummy, all the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment