Saturday 1 July 2017

The freezer challenge: day 3

The 30-30 challenge and the 5-2 budget challenge have morphed into the freezer challenge.  The aim is to use up the stuff in my freezer that I've not been able to use for the first two challenges because either they are too expensive (like the pack of smoked salmon) or I have no idea what they cost me when I bought them.  There's some awfully old stuff in there which really does need using up.


Today's menu
B:  toast and marmalade, fruit
L:  the rest of the pork, courgette and potato bake (got to call it something) from yesterday dinner
D:  chicken pasta.  I shall get some chopped chicken out of the freezer and also maybe some bacon pieces, fry it, add the tomato sauce from yesterday with some oregano from the garden and serve it on pasta of some kind.  I also want to see if I can treat the allotment chard like kale and have 'crispy chard' to sprinkle over the top.  It's worth a try anyway.

I won't need to buy anything in for today's food.

Freezer food used
the bread
chicken
bacon pieces

and the pork, courgette and potato bake won't be going into the freezer as it usually would for 'another time'

(note to self: change the title of the blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment