Tuesday 3 October 2017

The freezer challenge, day 37

Despite all the garden produce, there are gaps appearing in the freezer again which is encouraging, giving me hope that by Christmas, I might be able to defrost the chest freezer! 

When I went shopping, Morrisons had some nice bits of ham not too expensive and I got one but it is for this week, not the freezer.  I shall cut off some slices for dinners and boil up the rest for ham, using the boiling water for ham and lentil soup or ham and pea soup or even ham and potato soup.  It should prove to be a frugal purchase.

Today's plans
B:  toast and jam, fruit
L:  tomato and lentil soup
D:  bacon (cut off the ham) and tomato sarnie, pear or banana

The toast and the jam are home made, the soup is from yesterday.  Nothing from the freezer but nothing out of the freezer either, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment