Sunday 29 October 2017

The freezer challenge, day 49

With any luck I have several days when I can be on challenge now.  Fingers crossed.

Today's plans:
B:  sort of tattie scone with a poached egg on top
L:  leek and potato soup, bread, fruit
D: beef casserole, potato, green beans; stewed apple and custard

From the freezer
soup
bread (it's from a spelt loaf and rather nice)
beef casserole
green beans

The 'sort of tattie scone' is because I made potato pastry yesterday and had a wee bit left over.  Waste not, want not.

The casserole is, obviously, not that frugal although it was YS beef.  However, the rest is.  The soup is home made as is the bread, the potato is garden grown and the green beans are from the allotment while the apple was a gift.

I'm getting to the point where I need to do a re-sort of the freezer, the front opening freezer anyway, and get some order back.  That's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment