Friday 10 November 2017

Friday 10-11-17

I'm going to stop numbering the days.  It seems daft really, given the multi purpose of each posting now, so I'll just date each one.
Yesterday morning was a bit uncomfortable:  I actually missed lunch and most of dinner because of the discomfort.  I'm not sure if it was the pancakes so will give them just one more go in a few days and see.  A shame to have to chuck them but they're a waste of space if I can't have them.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and maple syrup - maybe a bit of yogurt too.  I know I'm OK with porridge.
S:  fruit
L:  beans on toast
S:  fruit
D:  fettucine with smoked salmon (one I have found in a low fat recipe book) except it is more likely to be spaghetti or pasta shapes than fettucine

From the freezer
bread for toast
smoked salmon
bits of broccoli

Into the freezer (during yesterday)
8 portions of savoury mince and veg, wonderful, flavoursome portions with minced beef (less than 5% fat), onion, celery, peppers, courgette, peas, corn, mushroom, lentils, oats, stock cubes, home made passata (from garden tomatoes) and some seasonings (bay leaves, mixed herbs, garlic and tomato puree).  Oh - and salt and pepper.  And absolutely no added fat whatsoever.  Quite a lot of the veg plus the passata came from the freezer anyway.
quite a lot of cooked chick peas

The Frugal Factor
porridge - no more needs to be said
beans are Savers and 1/3 of a can
pasta stuff tends to be frugal, even with bits of smoked salmon - if it is nice I will post about it.
bread for toast is home made and that's always great value (as well as tasting wonderful)



I have an overloaded freezer, hence 'the freezer challenge' which is to use up all the old stuff

I also have a tendency to frugality, recently diagnosed gallbladder issues, high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but have to go very low fat.  

Possible?  No idea - we will see.  It's a work in progress that I am sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment