Monday 27 November 2017

Monday, 27-11-17

I was so pleased.  After a few days of quite considerable discomfort at times, yesterday was pain free all day and I didn't even take paracetamol before bedtime, even after a couple of roasties (Slimming World style so using minimal oil) for dinner.  Three cheers for a low fat diet.  Here's to the coming week.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
S:  apple
L:  ham and pea soup
S:  persimmon
D:  Not sure yet; I'll fill this in later.
Much later:  I had lemon chicken goujons, SW chips and a simple salad and it was so, so good.
(apologies for the naff photo)



The freezer challenge:
the ham and pea soup
chicken for the goujons
bread for the breadcrumbs for the goujons


The frugal factor
porridge - cheapest breakfast out and even fruit on it doesn't take it out of the frugal band.
home made ham and pea soup - I looked it up on My Supermarket and the cost of the yellow split peas at today's prices would be 5.5p for two portions, cheaper than I though.  I can see they are going to feature more in my plans at that price, maybe with cooking bacon as I won't always have ham stock to hand.





I have an overloaded freezer and have challenged myself to take out much more than I put in!
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
However, I have recently diagnosed gallbladder issues (with an op at some time in the future), high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.  Oh, and more than a few lbs to lose.  I like flavour but need to go very low fat.  
Is it possible?  No idea, but I'm giving it a good go and sharing the 'journey' in here.  Thanks for reading and any comments you would like to make are very welcome.

2 comments:

  1. The Tesco cooking bacon is great (as you know because i got the idea from you!) when I've bought it there has been a big steak-y bit which we've had with egg and chips, and scrappy bits for soup/pasta/omelette. Can't i wrong really. Could you boil the steaky bit to make a sort of stock, using the meat elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, yes, I could. It would be 'ham' then, rather than a gammon steak.
    J x

    ReplyDelete