Wednesday 22 November 2017

Recipe: crustless quiche

Crustless quiche is really just what it says - quiche without the pastry crust
I found this one on the Slimming World site and because I'm not doing Slimming World (far too fussy and fancy) I felt no guilt about modifying it.
Here's the original:  http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/bacon-and-mushroom-crustless-quiche.aspx

And here's what I did.
I cut out the bacon.  I reckon with cottage cheese and egg, that's plenty of protein.
I used onion, mushroom and baby corn for the filling because that's what I had.
I thirded the egg mixture because it was three eggs to serve two (awkward) so I used one egg, 50g cottage cheese and a bit of quark.
I didn't have parsley and I forgot the garlic, ooops.
I finely grated 20g of not-parmesan (vegetarian friendly, you see, so that's what I have in) and added it to the egg/cheese mixture.

It's turned out really nice.  I made it this morning because I won't have time to faff around this evening so can either have it cold or just warm it up.
And 1/3 is plenty for one as you can see (apologies for the terrible photo though)!


(and my fingers are crossed that the cheese doesn't cause any painful reaction)

No comments:

Post a Comment