Tuesday 14 November 2017

Recipe: minty lime chicken


I got this from a book called 'The Best Ever: Low Fat'.  It's been adapted a bit because I'm not going out to buy special ingredients!  The original serves six.  This is what I did.

Ingredients to serve 1
a bit of mint sauce -
10mls clear honey
10 mls lime juice (from a bottle)
salt and pepper
(just use what you think, taste and adjust)
chicken.  The recipe states boneless, skinless thighs; I had breast already cut into chunks before freezing so used that.


Sauce
25g low fat thick yogurt
bit more mint sauce
some grated citrus zest.  It says lime, I used orange zest as I used an orange in my fruit salad.  It was really nice


Mix the mint, honey and lime juice in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.  Add the chicken to the marinade and mix well.
Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least half an hour.  I left it about four hours.

Heat up a non-stick pan and tip in the chicken and marinade.  Stir and turn it until the chicken is cooked through (takes very little time), then spoon out the chicken and as much of the marinade as you want.

Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients in a bowl.  Serve the chicken with the sauce to dip and a side salad with a lime based dressing.

My side salad was simply grated carrot and watercress and I made a no fat dressing that was lime juice, mint sauce and honey and it was absolutely delicious.

Definitely one to make again.  It was so fresh and tangy and tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment