Thursday 30 November 2017

Recipe: orange baked oats

I found this on Pinch of Nom and adapted it.  I've already posted about it but have deleted that post in favour of this one.

First of all, the original is here (scroll down the bumph until you get to the actual recipe - I guess they have to make their money somehow).
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/low-syn-orange-marmalade-baked-oats-slimming-world/ 
. . . and I am sure it is absolutely delicious.

But this is what I did
First of all, I halved it all.  For me 40g oats AND two eggs is just too much for breakfast on top of a pot of yogurt, not to mention unnecessarily expensive.


So I used:
20g oats
 a pot of Muller Light orange with chocolate sprinkles yogurt
about half a tsp stevia (but I'm not sure this is actually really needed
one egg
some orange or satsuma zest, finely grated
half tsp vanilla bean paste

Method:

Mix the oats, about half of the orange yogurt, the stevia, egg, zest and vanilla together in a bowl.  Then tip it into a suitably sized oven proof dish.  No need to oil the dish.
Bake at 180C for 40 to 50 mins.  It's not a hurry-breakfast. 

Run a knife round the baked oats and it should come out whole.  As I used a round dish, it came out looking a bit like a big muffin.
Tip the remaining yogurt around the oats and eat straight away.

It's delicious, warming and filling.  And healthy!
It's not cheap though, so one to have now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment