Wednesday 8 November 2017

Shopping and the freezer challenge

The freezer challenge just took a tumble.

I needed to get some lean protein while I am attempting to eat as much low fat as I can for health reasons.  I know it's not possible to go totally zero and one does need some of those 'good' oils so I bough the following

under 5% fat mince
chicken breasts (no skins)
salmon fillets
smoked haddock (undyed)

Tomorrow I am going to cook the mince with tomatoes, lentils, oats, masses of vegetables and whatever else to make a mix I can freeze in single portions
I have halved the chicken, cut the haddock into single amounts and individually wrapped it all and it's now freezing, taking up less room than I thought it might.

I'm short on pulses too so there's a bag of chick peas soaking in the kitchen which will be cooked and frozen tomorrow.  I'm going to try to open freeze them so I can pour out what I need rather than second guessing portions.

Poor old freezer, but it's all in a good cause and I shouldn't need to buy any more meat/fish for the rest of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment