Sunday 5 November 2017

The freezer challenge, day 52 (started last Wednesday, finished today - Sunday 5th)

On Wednesday I wrote:
"Yesterday went a bit wonky but not too bad.  The bacon sandwich was delicious and very filling and the steak was - wonderful!"
It may have been - as were the fried onions, but oh, dear me!


After being rushed into A&E with suspected heart problems, it turns out I had acute (extremely - ouch) gall bladder problems which adds yet another twist to my frugal freezer efforts.

I'm glad I changed the name of this blog because it fits.  I'm home from hospital as from this afternoon and, while searching in the freezer for a bit of bread (beans on toast - approved gall bladder grub), yanked out several bags of stuff that might have been YS frugal but which certainly was NOT low fat and dumped it in the bin.

So:
From the freezer:
bit of bread
sausage rolls
two lots of sliced pork pies

The frugal factor
Beans on toast is always going to be frugal, all the more so when it is savers beans and home made bread (and no butter in between)

I need to dig out my old low fat recipe books, don't I?



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had such a rough time and a nasty shock. Hope you feel much better soon. I'm sure if anyone cane make your new low fat diet as tasty as it is healthy, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chrissie, and thank you. It's been rough but I can see how to move on and make progress. Hoping you are well too and thinking of you!
    J x

    ReplyDelete