Friday 1 December 2017

Friday, 1-12-17

Brrr - it's been a cold, damp night and it's bleak out there.  Not fun at all!  Stay warm, everyone.

I seem to have got into a pattern with my meals now.  Breakfast is almost always porridge based - mostly done the usual way with baked oats now and again and I want to try some overnight oats at some point.  Lunch is soup or the other sort of thing I might otherwise have for breakfast - toast with things on or something salad-y.  Dinner is where I try new recipes.

My frugal food plans for today are:
B:  porridge with a few blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup
S:  an orange
L:  toast with marmalade or marmite
S:  apple
D:  chicken in breadcrumbs, home made SW chips, veg of some sort


From the freezer
bread for the toast
the chicken is an off leftover one that's been knocking around in there for ages
the veg will be from the freezer


The frugal factor
porridge is always a cheap and wholesome breakfast
the toast and marmalade are both home made and cheaper than the equivalent bought
the veg will be frozen garden produce
the chips are much better value than shop bought and healthier too - I'm always amazed how many chips one can get from a very modestly sized spud




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment