Friday 8 December 2017

Friday, 8-12-17

Good morning.  I have a new super-frugal breakfast now as well as the porridge and that is some super-posh muesli that has very kindly been given to me.  It's splendid stuff, packed with nuts and fruit but with no added sugar.  It'll be nice to ring the changes and I'm sure it will help the cholesterol levels.

So - today's food plans
B:  Christmas baked oats - an experiment and rehearsal for The Day - with Christmas spices, mincemeat and orange zest.  I will let you know.
S:  orange
L:  roasted squash and butterbean soup
S:  apple
D: chicken goujons with SW chips and a side salad; yogurt


From the freezer:
Just the chicken. 
I'll have a better idea of what's in there once I have defrosted the thing.




The frugal factor:
The soup is very cheaply made with allotment produce and soaked and cooked butter beans.
Dinner isn't too expensive as there's not loads of anything.

However, the baked oats are not all that frugal what with the egg AND the yogurt!  Never mind, once a week won't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment