Saturday 2 December 2017

Saturday, 2-12-17

Good morning.  Here's my plans for today.

B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt
S:  orange
L:  toast with soft cheese and marmite
S:  apple
D:  cottage pie with peas; fresh fruit salad with yogurt


From the freezer:
bread for the toast
the cooked mince for the cottage pie
peas (yesterday as they are leftovers)


The frugal factor
breakfast and lunch won't cost much at all
the mince for the cottage pie is bulked out with lentils and oats - very good for me as well as reducing the overall cost
I won't (can't) load the potato topping with butter and cheese as I used to: I might add some low fat soft cheese and maybe a bit of quark
the peas are leftovers from yesterday




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment