Sunday 17 December 2017

Sunday, 17-12-17

Hello, everyone.  Today is the ultimate in frugality as someone else is paying the bills but, as I am in charge of the catering, I'm still exercising restraint. 

Today's plans are:
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt - I know I have this just about every day but oats are supposed to be good for cholesterol (or do I mean bad for it?) and anyway, I love it.  Read comfort food in this cold weather and it sets me up all morning.
S:  orange
L:  might be home made soup and might be toast
S:  apple
D:  roast chicken, roasted potatoes and parsnips, bit of stuffing; some sort of fruity dessert


From the freezer:
Just the chicken and some bacon to wrap round it.

Into the freezer:  The Christmas stuffing


The frugal factor
As always, breakfast and lunch are inexpensive.
The roast chicken isn't a whole chicken, it's a boneless and skinless breast with some streaky bacon wrapped around it.  It's very nice and makes a breast go a long way (in this case, enough for three).
The stuffing will be a bit of Paxo stuffing mix left over from making the Christmas stuffing that is now resting in the freezer until Christmas Eve.  No point wasting it and it has to be used soon now that the packet has been opened.  I will mix it with a bit of sliced ham for extra flavour.


No comments:

Post a Comment