Thursday 28 December 2017

Thursday, 28-12-17

As the saying sort of goes, 'The best laid plans . . .'  I had intended to be out yesterday over lunch but the snow came and I stayed in as I really didn't want to drive.  Nasty, cold, wet and, for an hour or so, huge, huge flakes.
I could have had the ham and lentil soup but I had already frozen that so, as I had more ham stock, I made yellow split pea and ham soup instead and it was absolutely gorgeous.  And I still have the other for another day!  The patties were also very tasty,

So, today:
B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
L:  out (snow permitting)
D:  ditto

Into the freezer
Lots of turkey chunks and some very good turkey stock


The frugal factor:
Porridge, as always.  The fruit is leftover from Christmas.



It wasn't easy to get back into pattern again yesterday.  It doesn't take long to lose those good habits, does it?  Planning helps, of course.
However, things have become a bit difficult around here so don't be surprised if I miss a few days.  I will be back!



I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.
Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment