Thursday 7 December 2017

Thursday, 7-12-17

Good morning.
I'm hoping (weather permitted) to sort out my freezer today.  Everything out, audited, anything 'unsuitable' discarded (don't think there will be much), the freezer defrosted and everything back again.  Wish me luck.


B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt
S:  orange
L:  squash and butterbean soup
S:  apple
D:  beef stroganoff with runner beans, yogurt


From the freezer:
loads of ice!
beef
runner beans

The frugal factor
porridge - dead cheap, even with some fruit
the butternut squash is allotment produce
the runner beans are from the garden
the butter beans are soaked and cooked, not from a tin

however, to counter balance all of this, the beef is dead expensive but once in a while is OK - it's the other half of the steak I bought last week


Edited @ around 7:30
Ooops, I went to the microwave and found yesterday's soup inside.  After the meeting I popped it in to warm up, got stuck into some emailing and then went to bed, totally forgetting about it.  So that's lunch and the other can do me another day.




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment