Friday 19 January 2018

Friday, 10-01-18

Last night's dinner - and very nice it was too!  I dipped the sweet potato chips into the chorizo and bean stew and mmmmmmmmm.  The recipes for both are in separate posts.


Good morning.  After yesterday's deliciousness, today's menu is less certain.
B:  muesli, cherries and yogurt
L:  probably toast and marmite or pate, maybe a yogurt
D:  really not sure yet.
Ss:  apple and orange or maybe banana

From the freezer:
The cherries
Bread for the toast
Probably whatever meat I decide to have and maybe the veg as well.

The frugal factor
The muesli is a gift (and I have another bag waiting when I finish this one - good old Dad!).
The cherries are frozen so, while not exactly cheap, are better than fresh ones
The bread is home made and comes to about 1p per slice.
The banana is from Aldi.

How's it going for you?  What's your favourite frugal meal?

2 comments:

  1. My favourite frugal meal would have to be either a jacket potato with vegan butter or spaghetti with 'poor man's parmesan' ... I'm obviously a girl with simple tastes 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I rather like that 'not-parmesan' (that's what we call it) and I think more complex dishes would be wasted on me, so I know what you mean. Nothing wrong with simple tastes! :-)
      J x

      Delete