Monday 1 January 2018

Monday, 1-1-18

First of all, a very Happy New Year to you all.  May it be just what you hope it will be and may it bring all your needs and some of your wants too.

I sorted out my fridge yesterday and realised that I really won't need to go shopping for at least a week, probably longer, except perhaps for some milk by the end of the week (and perhaps some leaf gelatin too - see yesterday's jelly post!).  I have fruit, fresh, frozen and tinned.  I have veg, ditto.  I have carbs and protein, dairy and everything else needed.  So it's a great frugal start to the New Year.

Starting as I mean to go on, here's the plans for today.
B:  muesli, fruit and yogurt
S:  orange
L:  toast and marmite
S:  apple
D:  turkey hotpot (again - it's delicious)


From the freezer:
The bread for the toast
The meat, stock and parsnips for the hotpot were from the freezer


The frugal factor
Well, above says it all really.
Also, the muesli was a gift.
The bread is home made.
I'm using what I have already got rather than stacking up my trolley with unnecessary stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're all sorted, I'm sure 2018 will be a frugal success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I'm enjoying seeing the savings mount up (am I related to Ebenezer Scrooge, I wonder?) and it is reassuring to know that if there are any breakdowns, there's money to cover them because one thing I refuse to do is borrow, either from the bank or via a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Still not back on the frugal freeway as I am in Dubai airport waiting to begin the final leg of the journey home. Frugal will be a neccessity though as I know I am returning to a broken fan belt which was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, lovely to hear from you again! Happy New Year to you too.
    What a pain about the fan belt. :-(
    Hoping your journey will be as trouble free as possible and that you can settle into ordinary life again quickly! Good luck with the frugality. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete