Monday 29 January 2018

Monday, 29-01-18

Good morning!

I was really pleased to see, when I worked on clearing and tidying the herb bed yesterday, that the chives and the oregano have both started growing again.  Not long before I'm picking again and perhaps, this year, I will get some into the freezer for next winter.

Today's food plans:
B:  porridge with strawberry 'foam' and natural yogurt
L:  roasted tomato and lentil soup
D:  salmon pasta - I have some salmon philly so I will use that for the sauce and add some mushroom and a bit of smoked salmon, plus some watercress on the side.
Ss:  apple and orange

From the freezer
The soup
Smoked salmon

The frugal factor
Breakfast - even the yogurt is home made.
The soup, made with passata from garden tomatoes
The salmon is not very cheap but it is trimmings and just a quarter of the pack.

I have a friend coming round for coffee so I'm going to make a little bit of shortbread to offer her.  It will freeze well if there's any left and I intend being good and not having any - well, no more than one anyway!

And finally, thank you to Sooze, Pam and Sue for your advice yesterday.  Much appreciated.  My herb bed needs a top up so I'll use some of it for that and mix the rest with new stuff for the container top ups and the tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment