Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday, 28-01-18

Good morning, everyone.
I may have failed with breakfast yesterday but dinner more than made up.  I made Tunisian chicken, a Rosemary Conley recipe, and I've searched the internet so I can share it but no luck.  As it's in a currently published book, I don't feel I can do more than just list the ingredients which were spray oil, sliced onion, chicken, garlic, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, cardamom, chicken stock, plain flour, oregano, chopped tomatoes, orange peel, orange juice and salt and pepper.
I subbed dried herbs for oregano and home grown passata instead of chopped tomatoes and I added some thin sliced mushroom and some sultanas.  It was glorious with basmati rice, even if my photo makes it look like a dog's dinner!


Maybe there was a bit to much cayenne for my wimpish taste buds but I'll do it exactly like that again and the elderflower jelly was perfect to calm everything down again.


Today's plans:
B:  porridge, fruit and natural yogurt
L:  turkey hotpot soup
D:  crustless quiche, salad, maybe SW chips or sweet potato fries
Ss:  apple and orange

From the freezer:
The soup
Mixed peppers for the quiche

The frugal factor:
Porridge as always
The turkey hotpot was made with Christmas leftovers and as I didn't buy the turkey . . .
The quiche will probably just have onion and mixed peppers in it as I will have had meat for lunch.



4 comments:

  1. I usually just photograph a page from a published book and credit that book and author. Your dinner looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about copyright, you see.
      J x

      Delete
  2. Love curry style dishes, I normally make spicy food the day before as it always comes tastes better 24 hours later. The spices have permeated through the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spicy-taginey too which is why I added the sultanas. I know what you mean about developing the flavours. Next time I will make a batch and freeze some portions, I think.
      J x

      Delete