Tuesday 30 January 2018

Tuesday, 30-01-18

Morning, everyone.

Today's plans are . . .
B:  muesli, fruit (probably tinned) and yogurt
L:  leek, potato and lentil soup
D:  home made veg pizza with salad and coleslaw - Beth's coming round for dinner after work and I know she likes pizza.  I'll make the base myself, from flour and yogurt.

From the freezer:
the soup
passata for the pizza sauce

The frugal factor:
Muesli - gifted
Tinned fruit is from the cheaper range
Yogurt is home made
The lettuce for the salad is still Aldi's super six - it's stayed crisp for ages!
The coleslaw is home made
The pizza toppings will cost a bit more but will be vegetables because Beth is vegetarian, which will make it cheaper.  I'm hoping to get some half fat mozzarella but if I can't it will be the normal kind

I shall try to do without my fruit snacks today.

8 comments:

  1. Steps back in amazement. I have planned a veg quiche with salad and homemade coleslaw for dinner tonight. Porridge for breakfast and split pea and veg soup for lunch. good for the body and easy on the purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I guess great minds think alike! Yes, very easy on the purse but, like most things home made, absolutely delicious! Enjoy!
      J x

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful days food and extremely healthy.

    It really does make life so much easier when you have a menu planned doesn't it, there's nothing worse than standing in front of an open fridge or cupboard and wondering what to have ...my mind always goes completely blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. I always have my ideas away from meal time and jot down things I might fancy so I can then plan them in.
      Writing down what I'm using from the freezer also helps as I then go out and get everything in so it's all ready and waiting (and thawed!)
      J x

      Delete
  3. Afternoon Joy

    We shop in Aldi and have found that the veg/salad stuff does not last that long. In fact, if it's not used up within 2, maybe 3, days then it's gone mouldy and has to be thrown away :-( Only happened the once and now purchase from another supermarket with a longer shelf life.

    Enjoy your meal with your company tonight.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - same with my local Aldi, it just doesn't last. But my friend who uses a different one speaks highly of the quality.
      Joy - that gifted Aldi is lasting very well indeed!

      Delete
    2. Maybe we just have a very good manager at our Aldis because I find that stuff lasts fine.
      J x

      Delete
    3. Just noticed my weird last message. I meant to say gifted muesli, not gifted Aldi !! Lol

      Delete