Friday 9 February 2018

Friday, 09-02-18

Good morning!
Today was weigh-day.  Three pounds off this week which makes up for maintaining a fortnight ago.

My prime motivation for being food-frugal is to make the very most of my hard earned resources but I am delighted that a side effect is losing weight too, much needed and much appreciated.  Since November and the Attack of the Gallstones, I've had to be pretty careful with what I eat anyway.

I now know I will be having an operation around mid March/early April and the consultant said he'd like me to lose 10% of body weight.  Now I'm a great believer in aiming for a safe and steady 2 lbs a week and 10% is a lot more than that so a bit of an unreachable target but I'll go for it and do my best and 3 lbs is a good start.

Three weeks before the op I have to go on a 'liver shrinking diet' - I've looked it up (as you do) and it's basically a low protein, low fat Atkins!  Very low calorie (800 to 1000 a day - eeeek) but the content is very similar to what I eat anyway so I reckon it won't be impossible, not short(ish) term and with an aim in mind.  I'll probably lose weight more then but some will come back on again afterwards.
Wish me luck.

Today's plans:
B: porridge with jam and natural yogurt
L:  toast and marmite, probably
D:  shepherds pie made with lamb I froze ages ago, left over from a Sunday joint, vegetables, fruit salad and yogurt
Ss:  apple and orange

From the freezer:
bread for the toast
lamb for the shepherds pie

The frugal factor:
The porridge, jam and yogurt are all home-made
The lamb was not cheap but I'm using up frozen leftovers with added veg

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss. I lost 6lb in January but gained half a pound at weigh-in last Monday. This week has been a struggle. Must try harder ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never understand why sometimes it just flows and sometimes it is so hard and such a struggle. I wish someone would discover the secret of staying in the flow. Half a pound isn't much though, it could just be fluid or having a bit more inside you. Good luck for next week.
    J x

    ReplyDelete