Thursday 1 February 2018

Thursday, 01-02-18

Good morning.
After yesterday's little blow-out, I am back on the straight and narrow again today!

B:  muesli, fruit (the last of the tinned fruit I opened this week) and natural yogurt
L:  roasted red pepper and tomato soup (sounds posh but is dead easy!)
D:  Savoury mince with shredded cabbage (sounds plain but the mince is delicious!)
Ss:  apple, grapes

From the freezer:
the mince

The frugal factor
The muesli was a gift, the yogurt is home-made and the fruit was from the savers range
The pepper is from a bag of wonkies and the tomatoes are from last year's crop
The mince was bulked out with extra veg, oats and lentils

And I must do the meal planning for next week!

4 comments:

  1. I add oats to lots of savoury dishes, it adds fibre and texture. I sometimes soak some in a little milk and then add it to my bread mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good things, aren't they, and so healthy too.
      J x

      Delete
  2. Evening Joy

    We too like mincemeat, and I'm looking for some low calorie recipes. Never thought of adding oats to dishes (thanks Pam). Can you use any brand? Supermarket own maybe?

    You certainly eat well. I too like wonky veg (when I can get it). Although sometimes frozen veg is more convenient. Especially if only one person likes something and the other can't eat it (allergies). Thanks for mentioning the 'savers' fruit. I looked deep into the cupboard and found some pears, a little (cough,cough) past it's sell-by date. That'll be our sweet (with yoghurt) for the next couple of nights.

    Keep warm.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinned stuff stays good for ages, doesn't it?
      Lentils are great to add to mince too - lovely flavour and improve the texture no end, cheap and good for you. You can't lose.
      J x

      Delete