Monday 19 February 2018

Monday, 19-02-18

Good morning.

Yesterday's lunch was delicious but not enough (for the diet - it was more than enough for me!) - it was two veg portions and one protein portions but it should have been two.  I think these lunches are going to be harder to get through than dinners because of all the protein!  I concocted a dressing and it was all delicious.


The dressing was:
Half tbsp dijon mustard (I might use half and half with grain mustard next time)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Half tbsp toasted sesame oil (I have small bottles of different kinds of oil on my shelf and hardly ever use them!)

1 pinch of salt
I just threw them all in a little pot, put on the lid and gave it a good shake.  The rest is in the fridge and I shall have to use it up, diet or not!  It's far too delicious to throw away.  
Just don't tell Dr C.

The plan for the week is complete but, of course, it will change, it's not tablets of stone.  However, I'm happy with it for now and I don't have to buy anything more in which is satisfying.

So today's plans are:
B:  porridge with natural yogurt and a bit of sweetener
L:  chicken and lentil soup - it will be like the chicken and chickpea soup but with lentils instead of chickpeas - and not nearly as many either!
D:  baked salmon, SW chips and broccoli, natural yogurt with rhubarb
S:  apple (I have used the other fruit portion as rhubarb for dessert)

From the freezer
chicken
mirepoix
chopped tomatoes
salmon
rhubarb
Quite good today!

The frugal fractor
I'm just finishing off the last of the bought yogurt today by making my own again.  The amount of dairy I am expected to have means I will get through quite a lot because I only have milk in the morning, usually, unless I have an afternoon cuppa which is hardly ever.
The chicken is leftovers from the last roast chicken I had, as is the stock.
The salmon is just the right amount thanks to the nice girl behind the fish counter.  It was also cheaper than the pre-packed salmon.
The rhubarb is from the allotment last year, prepped and frozen.

Fingers crossed!





Explanation:
I have to have my gallbladder out and have been put on a short term 'liver shrinking diet' by Dr C.  So, for the next three or four weeks, my plans/food intake need to:
conform to the rules of the diet
be frugal
use up stuff from freezer and cupboard

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon Joy

    Looking at your diet sheet, it looks as though you're being starved. Are you allowed as many hot drinks as you like or are they limited too? I don't know how you're managing it. I thought I was hard done by with 1200 calories a day (I have lost about 30lbs in 4 months). The text news on tv this morning said that a large percentage of men who were overweight, didn't realise they consumed more calories than they needed. It must be all the sauces/gravy/dressing etc., that are the 'invisible' calories that we don't take into account!

    Keep on plugging away with this eating regime - you can do it! :-)

    Have a good evening.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot drinks are allowed but I have to count the milk. Luckily I have black coffee and hardly ever drink tea. It says to make sure I have at least 2l of fluid each day.
    It's funny how things seem. That two portions of protein for lunch equals 200g chicken or meat (quite a lot) or four eggs (more than I can manage at one sitting) - or a combination, of course. The soup I made for lunch was huge, more than I usually have, and dinner was fine too.
    It's intended to be between 800 and 1000 calories a day which is much too low, but is a short term plan and not intended to be continued after the op. |And, looking at the plan, I've already made a mistake but it doesn't matter - I've had a salad instead of broccoli for dinner. Never mind.
    The only thing I find difficult is that usually I have loads more vegetables than this plan permits.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    J x

    ReplyDelete