Tuesday 6 February 2018

Recipe: Eggless yogurt cake/fruit sponge pudding

I'm on a mission to find a recipe for a cakey topping for fruit (like Eve's pudding) that I can just make a small amount of.
A one egg sponge makes enough for four portions and self control is weak where cake is concerned!.

I found this recipe
https://www.manusmenu.com/eggless-yogurt-cake

I reduced it down to a tenth (which was easier than you'd think), followed the instructions apart from greasing the baking dish and dusting with icing sugar and I put some stewed plums (and syrup) in the bottom before piling on the batter.  I won't go into any details as all the info is through the link.


Using the syrup as well as the halved and stewed plums made a lovely, sticky, toffee-ish sauce around the side.

It wasn't a soft sponge, more like a cross between a sponge and a scone, but, you know what?  It was very tasty and one to do again.  Dead easy too, being an all in one, beat the hell out of it batter.


No comments:

Post a Comment