Sunday 18 February 2018

Sunday, 18-02-18

Good morning!


This was yesterday's dinner.  It's a 'lunch' on my diet - two protein portions and two veg portions, more or less.  Blimey!
I managed the veg but could only get down half the steak before feeling very full - so half went into the fridge and I shall have it today, sliced thin, maybe with a honey and grain mustard dressing (which is definitely NOT on the diet) and another salad.
It was a lovely steak though.  I could have had half with a smaller salad and a fair old number of slimming world fries, with a yogurt for dessert and that would have made a dinner - one protein, one veg, two carbs and one dairy.
Looks like I won't be starving, that's for sure.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with natural yogurt
L:  something with that beef - I will thin slice it a la Jamie Oliver and knock together a simple salad.  If it was tomorrow I'd have to think of more protein but it isn't so I don't!  Might have a yogurt afterwards.
D:  I see I have some roast lamb in the freezer so I might have that with roasties and - let's be bad - TWO veg portions (sprouts and carrots).  Ooooh-er!

From the freezer
The steak was from the freezer yesterday
The lamb
The roasties (I had some prepped for Christmas and there's just a few left - must do some more as they are such useful things to have around)

The frugal factor
Good old porridge!
The steak is left over from yesterday
The lamb is hardly cheap but is what's left from a joint I had ages ago.


I think I'm reasonably well prepared for tomorrow now but wait until the 'why can't I have that' resistant feelings click in!  :-)




Explanation:
I have to have my gallbladder out and have been put on a short term 'liver shrinking diet' by Dr C.  So, for the next three or four weeks, my plans/food intake needs to:
conform to the rules of the diet
be frugal
use up stuff from freezer and cupboard



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the diet, Joy! Very restrictive diets (I've tried a few) always made me want to rebel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us feel the same. Being told we can't always puts our backs up! It's the comparative lack of vegetables that will really get up my nose, I suspect. I know it's not just about calories right now but would a bit more cabbage or a few more sprouts really enlarge my liver < grin >.
      J x

      Delete