Thursday 15 February 2018

Thursday: almost The Frugal Factor again

Morning, everyone.  Nearly back to normal again now.

Plans:
B:  Yesterday I had egg on a slice of toast and some fruit salad (apple, orange, pineapple and grapes, all fresh) plus apple juice and coffee.  Ever so much nicer than the other choices and much more comfortable for me.  I think it will the same today too but I am so looking forward to my breakfast porridge tomorrow.
L:  Yesterday was fresh fruit and a 0% fat natural yogurt (not eaten at breakfast but once you've taken it . . . that's my excuse) and if I'm home today I'll probably knock together some carrot and lentil soup
D:  Yesterday I had mushroom soup which was really very nice.  I make a nice mushroom soup myself and could tell there wasn't much (if any) cream in this soup which suited me just fine.  Today I plan to have savoury mince pancakes (the proper, rolled up kind, not the Findus kind) because I missed pancake day, side salad, natural yogurt and fruit.

From the freezer
The savoury mince

The frugal factor
Everything after breakfast - the mince has plenty of lentils, oats and veg to bulk it out and the pancakes will be made with a one egg batter with the ones I don't use frozen singly for other times.

I may need to do a little bit of food shopping for fresh things - I'm longing for some fresh vegetables again. 
This time away has shown me quite how much I appreciate the food choices I'm able to make for myself and how much difference they have made to my well-being over the last months.  It was nice not to have to do the clearing up, etc, but when it's just one I don't make a lot of mess anyway.  I'm just looking forward to being at home again. 


8 comments:

  1. It's nice to go away, but always nice to come home again! And I love not having to cook/wash up. Hope you enjoyed your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sooze, I did. You too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as it's really nice to go away, it's lovely to be your own home again isn't it.

    There's nothing wrong with 'back to normal'. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to feel that back to normal is comfortable, welcoming and 'right'. Something for which I am always very grateful.
      J x

      Delete
  4. There's no place like home. It's great to be catered for now and again but it's also good to enjoy what you make at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky, aren't we, to be able to feel like that.
      J x

      Delete
  5. Evening Joy

    Welcome home :-)

    As the other ladies have said, it's nice to go away, but it's nice to be back home.

    Enjoy your evening.

    Carol



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Carol. I'm looking forward to an early night in my own cosy bed.
      J x

      Delete