Friday 2 March 2018

Friday, 02-02-18

Good morning!

First of all - woo hoo.  Another three pounds gone, hopefully for ever.  Also, I needed a warm jumper yesterday so I tried on one that's in a pile of 'slim into' clothes and guess what - it fitted.  So pleased about that.

Lunch was simple and delicious.  I don't have omelette very often and this was filling.

I cheated a bit for yesterday's dinner.  When I went to the freezer to get out the day's required foods, I found a bean burger from a batch that I made a number of weeks ago, didn't use so wrapped and froze.  Well, I wasn't going to make new ones when there's one that needs using up, was I?
I'm sure it wasn't that far out really and it went well with the salad and the chips.  A nice dinner for a nasty, cold day.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli, natural yogurt and a bit of stevia
L:  2 hard boiled eggs, a portion of grated low fat cheese and salad.  I might also use a bit of a fat portion and add some lowest of the low mayo to make cheg.  I love cheg.
D:  Cottage pie with a cheesy mash (I saved some cheese from yesterday's lunch so will add that to the lunchtime cheese and split it between the two), fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer:
Just the mince, chopped tomatoes and mirepoix (a portion too much of veg but tough!)

The frugal factor:
The muesli is a gift
The rest isn't particularly frugal but it isn't particularly expensive either.

After today I will be out of eggs but don't feel inclined to brave the paths to the shop yes.  There's plenty of other food so I will manage.  I won't go short of milk as I have some long life milk - not quite the same but perfectly acceptable.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your determination in exemplary. Frugal dieting .....flippin marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete