Saturday 3 March 2018

Saturday, 3-02-18

Good morning.

Yesterday's food was delicious, made all the better because I have a warm home again!
Lunch was cheg and salad - maybe an odd choice for such a wintry day but it was so tasty.


And then the cottage pie was an all-in-one thing that was tasty and filling - so filling that I only ate a bit more than half of it.  I'll have the rest this evening but with some extra veg.  It'll be nice.

Today's food:
B:  porridge and fruit yogurt
L:  chick pea curry - no rice (Beth is round and she will have rice with hers)
D:  I was going to make sardine, chili and lemon pasta (based on this recipe) but that can wait until Sunday so I can eat the other half of the cottage pie, broccoli; fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
Chickpeas, chopped tomatoes and mirepoix for the curry

The frugal factor
Porridge - as always
Pulses are a great frugal choice and I will use curry paste from a jar as it really does need using - can't waste it, can I?
The cottage pie is leftovers from yesterday - gotta love leftovers!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was. My last two eggs as well (I've stocked up now). Colour makes a big difference to meal enjoyment, I think.
      J x

      Delete