Wednesday 7 March 2018

Wednesday, 07-03-18

Good morning!

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit yogurt
L:  tuna and cottage cheese salad
D:  chicken tikka with small portion of rice and side salad
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
Chicken for the tikka
Small portion of rice

The frugal factor
Porridge is always frugal
The chicken for the tikka is from some I got on special so half price.  I don't have much of that left now.

Today is not a particularly cheap day but there will be very little waste, if any.

Edited:
I've changed my mind.  For lunch I have made a tuna and cottage cheese dip by zizzing the tuna and cottage cheese with some curry paste and a little bit of mango chutney and I shall have it with carrot batons.

If I were allowed, I'd try making lasagne 'tortilla' chips, something I saw on you tube last week.  You parboil sheets of lasagne, then cut it into triangles, add seasonings (e.g. paprika) and bake in the oven until crispy and crunchy. 

But I'm not, so I won't.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment