Wednesday 14 March 2018

Wednesday, 14-03-18

Good morning!

Yesterday's beans on toast was so satisfying!  Beth finished hers, sat back with a sigh and said 'That really hit the spot!'.  She was right.  It was delicious.  I'm so glad that simple things can give so much pleasure.

One of the chickens is cooked.  I got four-sized portions of sliced meat and two good portions of 'bits' which will be great for soups and anything where chopped chicken is needed.  And they're all in good jelly stock with one extra portion of stock.  Each portion comes to about 45p-ish.  Excellent!

Yesterday's chicken salad - and very nice it was too, even if it does look like a dog's dinner!!

Today's plans
B:  porridge with yogurt
L:  cheg and carrot batons
D:  cheesy tuna on toast, salad, fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
some low fat grated cheddar
The bread for dinner

The frugal factor
None of it is all that expensive.  I'll only be using half the can of tuna (one portion) and one portion of cheese.  And it's another no meat day.

I'll report back on the tuna.  I have an idea in my head and I will have to see if it works or not.

4 comments:

  1. One of my OH's favourite meals is tinned tomatoes on toast with a fried egg, I prefer beans. Sometimes a simple meal is all you want or need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Simple can be so delicious!
      J x

      Delete
  2. I think simple food is often the best food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I had another simple meal again this evening and it was delicious (and filling too).
      J x

      Delete