This was absolutely delicious and this is what I did.
1. Boil unpeeled potatoes until they are just cooked. Allow them to cool, then peel off the skin and grate them. I did two for me, each about the same size as two eggs.
Then add seasoning (I just added some salt and pepper).
2. Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
Spray oil into a muffin tin. Add some of the potato and using fingers, push it down to line the side and bottom of each hole. Then respray with oil.
3. Bake in oven for about 20 mins (check after 15). Be careful the edges don't burn. Then allow to cool (so all of the above can be done earlier).
4. Reheat oven to 180C. Crack a small egg (because a larger one would be too big) into each 'nest'. Bake for about 10 to 15 mins, until the egg is cooked.
5. Carefully run a knife around the edge to loosen each nest. Lift out. Sprinkle over some sea salt and serve with a salad or maybe veg.
I was going to make just two but there was enough potato for three so there you go! It would be nice with grated cheese on the top too.