Wednesday 9 May 2018

Recipe: Mediterranean stuffed peppers

This is the recipe I used.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/518631/mediterranean-stuffed-peppers

I followed it pretty much as it is as far as the method is concerned but did sub some things to match what I had in.

The peppers were 'wonky' ones, so smaller.  It was still plenty and I have couscous left over for lunch today so win-win.
I used walnuts rather than pine nuts
I used green rather than black olives
I used shredded mint instead of basil as I'm not that fond of basil so don't have it in
I also added some well chopped onion, red pepper and mushroom which I cooked in some spray olive oil first.

And, sadly, this is the only photo I remembered to take as in the evening it looked and smelled so good that Beth and I just dived in without me remembering about photos.

Very tasty and very adaptable.  A keeper.


4 comments:

  1. Is that Feta cheese? Did you put it on top and grill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just mixed it in and baked as per the instructions. I love feta.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The confidence and ability to improvise is a great asset to a cook, Joy. I rarely follow a recipe 100% and always miss out butter from savoury dishes , substituting a little spray of oil where necessary. I love feta too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The confidence and ability to improvise is a great asset to a cook, Joy. I rarely follow a recipe 100% and always miss out butter from savoury dishes , substituting a little spray of oil where necessary. I love feta too.

    ReplyDelete