Thursday 17 May 2018

Thursday, 17-05-18

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's chicken with lemon and courgette couscous was delicious so I will post about it separately with a link to the recipe and comments on what I did.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli with natural yogurt (all home made which doesn't necessarily make the food any better but it makes me feel good!)
L:  hummus (left over from the family meal) with carrot batons
D:  curried chicken salad.  This is a Delia recipe and I'll let you know!
Ss:  fruit x 3 (swimming day)

From the freezer
The hummus, which I froze about a week ago as it was leftovers
The chicken (thighs)

Into the freezer:
I'm out of chicken thighs so I bought and froze some more - I use them so much. 
I was going to make some wraps for summery lunches but when I was in Morrisons, they had pittas well reduced so I bought a couple of packs, wrapped them all individually and froze them.
Sometimes you just have to, don't you?

The frugal factor
Lunch is leftovers frozen last week
I'm using a chicken thigh (thighs are less money for more flavour) and I cooked it yesterday with the chicken for dinner to save on oven heat.

The only flip side is that the weight has stopped dropping off and I'm getting worried.  Ho hum!


No comments:

Post a Comment