Thursday 3 May 2018

Thursday, 3-05-18

Hi!

Second day frittata is very nice, I have discovered.  Usually I freeze leftover slices.
Pancake cannelloni is also delicious.
All in all, it was a good food day yesterday.

Even better, a couple of friends came round for coffee and they brought me some strawberries and some bananas.  So delicious.  So I changed dessert to strawberries and yogurt and very nice it was too.  Oh, it is lovely to be back on the f&v properly again.


Today's plans
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
L:  feta and jersey royal salad
D:  steak, SW chips, salad; fruit yogurt
Ss:  fruit x 2

From the freezer
Just the steak

The frugal factor:
I would say is it a medium-high day today.  The steak is more that I've had frozen for ages and, well, I just couldn't resist the Jersey royals.  They are in the shop for such a short time and they are lovely.  Sometimes it is OK to spend a bit more.
The lunch is just a made up thing but I bet someone else made it up first!  :-)

I have to make sure I'm eating enough on the days I go swimming.  On Tuesday I was extremely hungry by the evening.  I reckon I need another 200 calories, more or less; does that sound about right?

4 comments:

  1. Your lunch sounds delicious - 2 of my favourite things. Yes it would be a good idea to eat more on swimming days....when I used to go swimming every week with my sister years ago, we were always so ravenous afterwards we'd sit and have coffee and cake afterwards. Kind of cancelled out the swimming health benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking a banana with me. That should do the trick. Anyway, I've looked at the gym coffee shop prices and - just no! :-)
      J x

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Joy

    Food sounds yummy. I must get out of my salad rut - and thanks to your pictures, ideas and recipes, it will certainly help me (and others too, I would imagine). Just writing my shopping list for tomorrow and will pop new potatoes on list (although it will be a miracle if our Morrisons sell them loose. There is quite a lot of fresh stuff that is only offered in plastic boxes/bags :-/ ).

    I am 'getting there' with the homemade hash browns. Don't have them that often, so it will be a while before I've perfected them (cough, cough, splutter, splutter!).

    Have a lovely afternoon and hope the sun in shining in your neck of the woods.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might not have jersey royals but I bet they will have new potatoes of some kind. I hope you like it as much as I did. :-)
      J x

      Delete