Friday 8 June 2018

Friday, 08-06-18

Good morning.

The chicken pitta pizza yesterday was really lovely.  Rarely will I bother with a proper pizza base any more.  I'm amazed at how good the half and half ketchup and tomato puree sauce tastes, especially with chopped fresh oregano sprinkled over and you can pile on whatever toppings you fancy - great for odds and ends at the end of the week and it finished off the last of the chicken very nicely indeed!  Sadly, I forgot to take a photo!  Sorry.

Today's plans:
B:  bacon and tomatoes
L:  ham salad of some sort
D:  cottage pie with cheesy couscous topping. runner beans; fruit and natural yogurt
S:  apple
E:  dashing around getting ready for going away and getting the house ready for my lovely house sitter friend.

From the freezer:
cooked mince, grated cheese

The frugal factor
Well, the chicken and the ham cost me together under £10.  They have formed the basis of fourteen meals (good portions too) so that's not so shabby really.  As a 'side product' I also have seven little pots of really good chicken stock in the freezer, ready for soup, gravy or whatever.
I'm finishing stuff off today so things like the salad will be quite random and I may be adding extra bits to the mince before making the cottage pie.

The weight has stayed the same this week (boo) and goodness knows what will happen over this coming week but never mind, I will be back on the wagon again when I get home.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry there's no weight loss for you this week....we know it'll sort itself out eventually, but it's always a bit aggravating when that happens isn't it? And am sure it would have been nice to have a loss before your holiday...kind of gives you a bit of leeway! I really must get round to trying the couscous topping, having mentioned it to you - I've got some cooked mince in the freezer, so I might use that. Happy random leftovers day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks. I'm not too fussed about the weight, to be honest. I think a week away from it all will do me the world of good and I can have a 'restart' when I come home.

      Delete