Monday 25 June 2018

Monday, 25-06-18

Morning.  :-)

In the end, yesterday, instead of making mini frittatas, I made a big one.  Beth and I had some each and Beth had a bit more and there are two slices left.  That sorts lunch out today and tomorrow without any more effort than it takes to make a salad.  Suits me!
It had lots of yellow (wonky) pepper, some courgette from last year's allotment, the remains of a jar of sundried tomatoes and roasted pepper (just a bit in each jar), a mushroom and some chickpeas and the egg had some soft cheese zizzed in as well as grated cheddar, seasonings, chives and thyme.  It was ever so tasty and gave five good portions!

Today's food plans
B:  toast with peanut butter - I know, I know, but I've already had it so, for the sake of honesty, here it is, recorded!  It was supposed to be muesli!
L:  frittata and salad
D:  I might try a Mary Berry recipe called West Country Gratin which she says is frugal (her idea of frugal anyway) - I will need to buy a leek and a small carton of apple juice but I have all the other ingredients in which is good.  Watch this space.
S:  apples x 2

From the freezer:
Bread for the toast
bacon bits

The frugal factor
Home made toast (the bread, I mean!) and savers peanut butter
Lunch is mostly leftovers
The gratin uses bits and bobs mostly - I might use up a bit of chorizo as well as the bacon bits and will search the freezer to see if I have any frozen leek - I don't think I do but you never know!

I need to do another freezer audit.  Just one part at a time, I think, because of the heat.  I just don't know exactly what I have in there any more.  Wish me luck!


Later edit:  I was pleased to get apple juice in the savers range, three cartons for 40p so that was good.  Sadly, I had to buy a pack of leeks so I guess that means I will soon have leeks in the freezer!



No comments:

Post a Comment