Saturday 23 June 2018

Saturday, 23-06-18

Good morning.
The sun is shining and there's a gentle breeze moving the branches.  It's very lovely!
Yesterday's meals were also very lovely.  I posted about lunch and I cooked the fish for dinner by simply spraying the smoked basa with a little oil and adding some lemon juice before wrapping and baking.  So tasty!

Today's meal plans:
B:  strawberry overnight oats
L:  chicken tikka, salad
D:  peach and chickpeas curry - a Jack Monroe recipe:
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/02/13/jardaloo-ma-murghi-curry-with-apricots-22p/
      then maybe home made banana ice cream as I have a bag of frozen banana that ought to be used up or watermelon slices
S:  apples x 2
E:  allotment

From the freezer
Maybe fruit for breakfast, if the fresh strawberries don't play
Chicken for the tikka
Chickpeas for the curry

The frugal factor:
The muesli cost me nothing and I might have a few strawberries left,I haven't looked yet.
Jack says the curry costs 22p.  It may be more now but it is undoubtedly good value.  I may or may not cook some rice to go with it but rice isn't going to up the cost much.
The chicken for the tikka is the most expensive but I still have a bit of not-kind chicken to use up so I will use that, given that it has to be used or chucked and I'm not doing the latter.  I'm using some tinned tikka mix that I found at the back of a cupboard.  It still smells fine so should be OK.
The bananas were from a bag of over-ripe bananas on YS, bought a while ago that I peeled and froze.  I shall zizz them with some lemon juice, a bit of natural yogurt and, if needed, some sweetener (but I doubt that last will be required).




No comments:

Post a Comment