Thursday 7 June 2018

Thursday, 07-06-18

Good morning.

I've been very good and have worked out my eating plan for next week.  It is a little more relaxed than usual as befits a self catering holiday.

Breakfasts will all be muesli, fruit and yogurt.  Lunches will all be rolls with filling and some fruit.  Dinners will vary.
Monday:  salmon couscous parcel
Tuesday:  chicken in a cheesy sauce with pasta
Wednesday:  steak, SW chips
Thursday:  chicken curry
They will all have salad as a side, except for the curry and there may be a bit of alcohol involved too.  Well, it IS a holiday!

Once I worked that out, I got all the necessary ingredients ready for Monday and Thursday's meals (herbs, etc) and popped them in little pots so they are now all ready and in two bags, one for each meal, all organised, and I have noted what fresh things I need and will get them on Monday.
So I think that's all sorted, more or less.

Now for today's food.
B:  muesli, fruit and natural yogurt
L: chicken and ham salad
D:  chicken pitta pizza
S:  apple

I've come back to edit because I initially said nothing from the freezer but that's not true, the pitta bread and the grated cheese are from the freezer.

The frugal factor:
All of it.  The leftovers are nearly all used up now and it's been great - I ought to do that again from time to time and look for new recipes to use.  A bit like Jamie Oliver, in fact!

Sooze - the couscous thing was good.  I used spray oil instead of drizzling oil over and it worked fine.  Thanks very much for the idea.

4 comments:

  1. Your planning is impeccable, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Thank you. A bit obsessive, maybe, but it means I won't have to fuss next week!

      Delete
  2. I must now get round to doing a couscous crumble!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. I shall make another one soon - maybe tomorrow? :-)

      Delete