Thursday 21 June 2018

Thursday, 21-06-18

Good morning.

The strawberry jam went well, it set with no trouble and now I not only have nine pots of deliciousness, I also have a container of 'foam' - the 'scum' that needs to be spooned off and which I refuse to throw away because it tastes so good and to discard it would be such a waste!  Foam goes so well with yogurt or in porridge or rice pudding, etc.

When I made the fruity couscous for the salmon meal yesterday, rather than make just one portion of couscous, I used up the rest of the bag (which was half of what the recipe required).  Even so, I got seven of my portions out of it, six of which are now in the freezer, which showed me how large the portions actually are if you follow the recipe (which is supposed to be for six). 
Not only is this a keeper as far as salmon is concerned, I think it will be nice with cooked chicken added or tuna or . . . well, lots of things really.

Today's plans
B:  overnight oats with strawberry foam and garden strawberries
L:  tuna pate with carrot and celery batons
D:  tuna pitta pizza, salad; watermelon
S:  apples x 2
E:  swimming and aqua

From the freezer
one pitta bread
20g finely grated cheddar

The frugal factor
Most of it really
The oats will be oats (obviously), milk, some home made yogurt, the foam that would otherwise be thrown out and a few garden strawberries  I will use 30g oats which is what I use when I make porridge.
The tuna was a special offer and I shall only use one tin for the whole day.
The pitta was YS and the cheese was on special

I'm working hard to get my portions under control after the holiday for both health and frugal reasons.  Tuesday was hard work, yesterday was a bit easier so fingers crossed for today!  I do wish I wasn't such an emotional eater at times.  How do you manage it?

2 comments:

  1. Can't beat homemade strawberry jam, it tastes so fresh and lovely doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesz, it does - home made jam in general, I think, but there's something special about strawberries. :-)

      Delete