Sunday 1 July 2018

Sunday, 1-07-18

Good morning!
New post, new month, new start.  A good time to re-weigh and start again so I am - well, I can't weigh until tomorrow or Tuesday but that's OK.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli, strawberries, natural yogurt
L:  probably ham salad
D:  sirloin steak, mash, broad beans; rhubarb and strawberry crumble
Ss:  apples x 2

The frugal factor
Same as yesterday - it's all free for me!  However, it's not frugal in the least but it could be pretty healthy.  The only naughty thing is the crumble and then only the topping really.
The steak is something I am cooking for Father's Day.  I couldn't do it then because dad had dental problems so today's the day!

I have to plan next week's meals today - I know from experience that, as the saying goes, if I fail to plan, I plan to fail.  Not a great idea!

2 comments:

  1. We are eating up all the odds and ends from the fridge, freezer and cupboards as we're away later in the month. I've run out of oat bran flakes which I really like and am forcing myself not to buy more until I've finished off all the 'bits'! I'll treat myself to a box for holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big plus about doing this, quite apart from saving money, is that you make more space for yourself and things look less cluttered. I find that helps me mentally. Sending you strong vibes!

      Delete