Tuesday 28 August 2018

Recipe: home made pork sausage

I found this recipe here - scroll down to the bottom for the recipe.
https://basementbakehouse.com/2016/12/syn-free-homemade-sausages/

Of course, I adapted. 
There was 500g of pork mince in the pack so that's what I used.
I seasoned with some garlic, mixed dried herbs, mustard powder, salt and pepper
I zizzed the mixture up in Thermione (my thermomix) to break down the mince.


It made ten sausages, one of which I had for breakfast and it was delicious.  Very meaty, quite solid and really good.  A bit dry, perhaps, but I had brown sauce with it and that helped.  No greasy after taste which I dislike so much and it tasted as good as it smelled.
The rest are in the freezer, still wrapped in their cling film coating.

When I've finished them, I need to experiment with flavours.
Pork and apple, leek and cheese, spicy chilli, sage and onion, pork and pineapple sounds weird but might be very tasty . . .
Or different minces - I wonder if I could spice up turkey mince or mix beef and pork mince.

Next time, I will certainly add some minced onion.


SW info - free!

The mince (under 5% fat minced pork) was £2.25 from Sainsbury's, the additions were minimal, so each sausage cost under 23p which is really great value.



4 comments:

  1. Joy, they sound (and look) absolutely delicious! I use a lot of mince and am always looking for new things to do with it, thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really tasty and want to plan more sausage based meals in soon to use some of the rest. Maybe sausage casserole or something similar. Hope you like it as much as I did.
      xx

      Delete
  2. They look good. I love a good sausage but they are so fatty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be, can't they? AT least I know these are not fatty. It's a tricky one because fat (to a certain degree) equals flavour and texture but these worked for me.

      Delete