Tuesday 28 August 2018

Recipe: macaroni cheese bake

I found this recipe here:
https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/macaroni-cheese.aspx

Here's the YouTube clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqxOt0584XA

I'll reproduce what I did as I changed the proportions a bit out of necessity. It uses a healthy extra A and 2 syns (for the extra cheese).


Ingredients to make a huge portion for one (made two for me)
70g macaroni
light spray oil
a small onion, finely chopped
a squidge of garlic puree
1/4 red pepper in brine (from a jar - I reckon fresh would be OK too), finely chopped
1/4 courgette, grated
100mls vegetable stock
1tbsp tomato puree
50g low fat cottage cheese
1/4 tsp dried mustard
1 egg, lightly beaten
60g grated cheddar which is 20g  (1/2 healthy extra A) plus 40g (4 syns)
seasonings

Method
Preheat oven to 180 C (fan), gas 6

Cook the macaroni, then drain well and set aside in a bowl

Meanwhile, spray a frying pan, add the onion, pepper and courgette and good gently until soft, adding the garlic towards the end.  Then add to the macaroni.

In a jug, put the stock, tomato puree, cottage cheese, mustard and egg.  Whisk until smooth (I used my stick blender).  Tip into the bowl with the other ingredients, add 3/4 of the grated cheese and mix really well.  Season to taste and mix again.

Transfer to an appropriate oven proof dish that has been sprayed with oil.  Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15 to 20 mins until set and golden on top.

Serve with speed veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment