Saturday 11 August 2018

Saturday, 11-08-18

Good morning!
Yesterday's lunch turned out to be tomato soup because we did get to Hyde Hall.  Real tomato soup, proper 'home made', not cream of out of a tim.  It was delicious!

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt. 
It's chilly this morning and I really fancy some hot porridge.  Very frugal, of course, as well as being healthy.

L:  No idea as I'm round at Beth's.

D:  tuna pasta bake, side salad.
I shall use tinned tuna and probably make enough for two so I can freeze one portion for another time.  I have veggie bits and bobs to use up including some from the freezer, plus courgette and so on, so it will be a veg rich pasta bake.  Nice and healthy.

Ss:  fruit x 2 
They had some nice nectarines in Morrisons the other day, not too expensive and they are just starting to ripen and go juicy.  I do love nectarines.

So nothing lavish today but it should be tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I must confess to really liking Heinz cream of tomato soup, it's a childhood thing, Mum used to give us a bowl of that along with half a cheese sandwich when we were feeling unwell as kids. However, proper homemade tomato soup is delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK but I find all tinned soup a bit 'artificial' tasting in my old age. :-)
      xx

      Delete