Thursday 23 August 2018

Thursday, 23-8-18

Good morning!.
I always feel rich on the 23rd of each month because that's when my teacher's pension lands in my account.  Not to be touched before the start of the new month, of course, but it's there and waiting.  I then spend some time estimating how much I need for the rest of this month and moving any leftover into savings.  Sometimes it is only a bit but it all mounts up over time.
Works for me!

I was given six beautiful cooking apples yesterday so need to decide what to do with them.  I will prep, blanch and freeze most of them, I suspect, but I love stewed cinnamon apple folded into natural yogurt so that can be a weekend treat and I might try the SW crumble topping which sounds an abomination with low fat spread, oats and artificial sweetener but I'm prepared to give it a go.

Today's plans:
B:  muesli, fruit and natural yogurt
After a spell on overnight oats, I rather fancied a change today so it is back to the freebie muesli.  I will cut up an allotment apple to have on it and sprinkle the yogurt with a little bit of stevia.  Yum!

L:  not sure as grandson and I are going to Hylands Park for a few hours.  Maybe I will take a couple of apples and treat myself to a coffee whilst there.  Al will have something from the cafe.

D:  pepsi max chicken, runner beans
While digging in the freezer for something, I found a portion of not-kind-chicken.  I thought I'd used it all up but obviously not.  I'm not wasting it though and as I've heard good things about this recipe, I thought I would give it a go.  The ingredients list looks a bit daunting but I have everything in so it's just a question of finding it all!  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment