Tuesday 21 August 2018

Tuesday, 21-08-18

Good morning.
I really enjoyed my nosh yesterday.  Somehow, curry is tastier after a freezing and thawing; the flavour develops, I guess.  As always, the fish finger pitta was perfect, especially after a good swim.  And the three autumn raspberries were sweet and juicy and I can't wait for the next batch (but will have to!)

Today's plans
B:  overnight oats with the last of the pears and some natural yogurt
Frugal, filling, tasty, good for me.  What more could I want?

L:  beans on toast
The bread is some that Beth gave me because it was out of date.  The beans are Morrisons own and I will have about a third of the can - more than enough for a lunch.  The rest can go into the freezer in two portions.  I don't put spread on the bread but I might add a bit of finely grated low fat cheddar (because I can).

D:  Jack Monroe's carrot, cumin and kidney bean burger, salad, potato salad
I really fancy these burgers.  They are flavoursome and healthy, easy to make and freeze well.  Perfect.  Here's the link to the recipe.  https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2018/02/19/carrot-cumin-kidney-bean-burger-recipe/
 I have a lot of potatoes at the moment (from the allotment) so potato salad is perfect.  I'll also add some chopped chives from the garden.  And the salad will be more or less free, a mixture of gift and growth - lettuce, red pepper, cucumber, tomatoes!

Ss:  fruit, tomatoes

I've been thinking quite carefully about my next steps.  I feel it's all a bit aimless right now and has been since the gallbladder problems were sorted out.  I seem to have lost that drive and determination and need a change of focus.  I haven't quite decided so I won't say any more until I have.

Watch this space, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment