Monday 24 September 2018

Monday, 24-09-18

Good morning.

Regarding that recipe for pasta carbonara that I tried on Saturday, it was OK but not amazing and I want to adapt it a bit before writing about it.
However, the roast dinner yesterday evening was lovely and so was the tomato soup for lunch so no complaints whatsoever.

Today's plans:
B:  Overnight oats, etc
Same as usual but this time I think I will add half a toffee mullerlight and have the other half  later so that is now one syn*
SW  half a healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and half a syn

L:  carrot and butterbean soup
This is a new one on me but I love butterbeans in soup.  They make it go all creamy and 'unctious'.  Mine are from the freezer, home soaked and cooked.
SW free unless I add some grated cheese.

D:  kedgeree and roasted tomatoes
I will use smoked basa instead of smoked haddock because I have some and it's cheaper.  The tomatoes are still from the garden
As far as I know, the recipe is SW free unless I add anything more to the recipe (which is fairly likely, knowing me).


* Did you see the fuss last week?  Mullerlights are now one syn instead of being 'free'.  Apart from the fact that it is barely a drop in the ocean, anyone who eats five or six of them in a day and is now 'devastated' needs to take a good close look at their diet!
Apologies if I've trodden on any toes at all but really!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I did see it, Joy. As you say, one syn is hardly noticeable, I'd have thought. Bingeing on yogurts is not something I'd ever heard of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound a bit odd, doesn't it? It must be a thing though for some people.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You are doing really well with your planning and diet. I do love overnight oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO do I - I think it's delicious, however you do them - I mean whatever flavours you use.
      Thank you for the kind comment - I do work hard at the planning and couldn't manage without it at the moment.
      xx

      Delete