Saturday 29 September 2018

Saturday, 29-09-18

Good morning!
Whatever I have this weekend is going to be frugal which is nice for me!

Today's plans are:
B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt
SW:  40g oats are my healthy extra B and whatever milk I use is my healthy extra A.  It should be 250mls of semi-skimmed and I almost never get through that much so I am glad cheese also counts as healthy extra As.
I usually make overnight oats over the weekend but I forgot to set them off yesterday.  Ooops!

L:  soup and fruit
I made some fridge rubble soup, aka Saturday Soup because when I was working I often made this on Saturday to clear the fridge for the new vegetables.  However, I wasn't hungry when I could have had it it and later on it seemed too much so I had a Mullerlight instead and counted one syn.  So I shall have the soup today.

D:  probably sausages, mash, runner beans; some sort of fruit for dessert
The sausages are good quality butcher's shop made sausages, not fatty at all.  I've looked them up and I reckon the nearest equivalent is 1 syn per sausage

Ss:  fruit

For a change I made some sweet potato 'chips' yesterday to have with the salmon and peas.  They're not really chips, of course, but they are very tasty and were much enjoyed.  I must have them more often - they're not 'speed' veg but they do count towards your five a day. 



4 comments:

  1. We love sweet potato chips - I toss them in a bag with oil and smoked paprika before roasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they needed something like paprika but I wasn't sure Mum would like that. The spice thing is worth investigating, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Fridge rubble soup - haha! Great name. We ate today at my grandson's second birthday party. Fortunately Mummy had done so adult food too! Decided not to have anything this evening as still quite full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy birthday to him. I bet you all have a wonderful time.
      xx

      Delete